Thursday, October 23, 2008

Only Up From Here...

And here we go....up like a balloon...isn't that what it's supposed to feel like when you are coming up from the dark deep depths of you know where? Or maye the struggle to move up is a long journey. I've decided that it's the latter, because I know that moving forward from the unmentionable yesterday is going to be a bit of the struggle kind. No big deal, we can deal with it and hey- it could be worse, right? Right?

So, today's not such a bad gig...H stayed home from school while I plotted and schemed to outsmart the big 3 to get out the door before the bus came. This was with protest I can assure you. C was having a breakdown of hormonal proportions I believe, and J was in her usual demon "I refuse to get out of bed" mood. M was not feeling well- but isn't that typical of a teenager? I have to smirk and chuckle to myself with their problems that seem so enormous, and think they are really trivial in the grand scheme of things. Hey- I was just excited to spend time with my peeps this afternoon while we agonized over the wording we should use to write grants. I had to laugh a few times to myself while I thought of my analogy about the IEP using words like we were on Jeopardy! All in all, not such a bad day. I am just hoping H's return of the explosive #2 doesn't return...that would constitute a BAD day!
Ok...I'm over it, moving forward. What should I tackle today?! Suggestions?!

No comments:

Post a Comment